Monday, April 21, 2008

THE CHALLENGE: 50 to 50......

...... lbs to kilometers that is. Yep, I am close to the end of my drop 50 lbs in order to run 50 kilometers challenge. Not that I had publicized this. In fact, it only jumped into my brain a few weeks ago.

So, three years in May-June 2005, prior to beginning my running exploits, I was tipping the scales at 225 lbs. WAY too much. Not that I had such exact goals or such a challenge in mind, I just wanted to get down to 200-ish. I am now about 178 lbs. And on June 7, 2008, I run my first 50K running race (that's 31 miles for those conversion-challenged out there). So, I have about 8 weeks left to drop my last 3 lbs. Very doable. I think.

Many of you know that I simply began running to "lose weight." I had no inkling I'd be back down to high school weight (180 lbs) at any point in time. Much less, less than high school weight. Wierd. But, I've seen too many instances of our culture where the emphasis is not on health and nutrition. I did not want to be one of those "too many instances." So, I did something about it. Will you?

Stay tuned.......

No comments: