Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bolder Boulder - RACE REPORT

Hey there - I ran the Bolder Boulder 10K this year along with 54,000 others. It was tons o' fun. I PR'ed by 3 minutes - fininshed in 47:09. Cool. I strongly advise everyone to do this for themselves, just once. My silly little race report will not do it justice if you've never experienced this event before. But I share with you some easily, and happily recovered memories, from last Monday.

I sang with the Blues Brothers, again.

Thank you Glen Delman for smacking me on the back and saying, "Don't give up now Butler" after I had zoned out and comfortably settled in behind some slower runners.

I did not do the slip 'n' slide.

I did salivate (again) for the third year in a row when I smelled frying bacon.

I did drink a free beer before 9 in the morning, on Memorial Day, for the third year in a row.

I did almost freeze my butt off hanging out with the good folks from Fast Forward Sports for almost two hours after I finished.

I became rather agitated while waiting almost an hour for a damn local SKIP bus to head home to North Boulder.

And I vowed never to run this race again, for the second year in a row. Talk to ya next year......... next up - my first 50K next weekend. Stay tuned.

No comments: