Sunday, June 15, 2008

Realization, Part 1

As I looked back upon my entries for the last few months (OK, most of this year), I had a realization. Most of my posts are about some outdoorsy-type fun (mainly runs or races)...... which means I'm severely limiting my potential readers (not to mention the attention spans of those I love and want to also keep in contact with). Brilliant conclusion, eh? But then I realized, it hasn't been writer's block (like earlier in my stellar blogging career), so much as time? No. Money? Definitely not. Work? Well, that always gets in the way.

Anyway, the realization of diversity hit me. And not just in concept or symbolism. In one's life. And not what the current moral/political/media-driven/societal norms environment says. In one's life. Your own life. Independant, thought-driven practice. Imagine that. It seems to me that while catching headlines of the latest celebrity scandal or star-gone-mad that we are seriously drained as a world, a society, a community. Perhaps community would thrive again if we stopped paying any mind to the expected world drivel and moved on with our own train of thought?

OK, now I'm just rambling, but I wonder about me and about diversity. And how specific interests or thought-du-jour can drive our lives, unknowingly and definitely unwittingly. What else is out there? How does one discover? By adventure, by reading, by discussion, by travel. Life goes on and time ticks by, no matter our small-world distractions. Live! Life!! Feel!!!

1 comment:

funkylegs said...

Totally agree. You have many dimensions - why not explore them? Looking forward to your next non-running post.

Kirk