Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happiness, Part 2: Ode to Father: Some More Happiness

Tears of laughter and tears of joy. Such the contradiction.

Anchor chains, plane motors, and train whistles - thank you George Bailey. Always a journey life is. And thank you dear Father of mine, Matthew Anthony, such a journey your life was - you are missed every day and night, weekend and weekday, year in and year out, holidays. And your memory always makes me Smile. And Cry. And you can always make me think a bit more. Still. To this day.

Tears of laughter and tears of joy. Such the contradiction. Such the confusion.

It's a bit odd at times to move forward in life mustering the energy to do the mundane over and over and over again. Why do we do it? And for what? Pride or a point? A paycheck or a pittance? But you taught me something. Happiness is unsurpassed. Somehow. Me, the stubborn one you taught. And you stood by me with knowledge unsurpassed. And patience unfailing. Always push on to do your best. And never let down on your principles.

Thanks Dad. For all the happiness your instilled in our lives. Still. To this day.

2 comments:

Brian Seppala said...

Great stuff Dave, I sat here and read almost eveything you have written, very though-provoking.
Although you really screw up the status of your blog bl linking to the Yankees. :) :)

SEP
www.brianbethsep.blogspot.com

cephotos said...

Dave - I miss you! I can hear your voice so clearly as I read through your blog!

tanja