Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The snow, the snow, the snow.....

I am not some sort of crazed snow bunny - waiting all year to hit the slopes with the first snow or first tracks even. Nope, but I love the first snow. And the second. And the third. Etc., etc., etc. The fog looms a bit longer, the sun must work harder to warm our bones. But the solitude and the peaceful nature of the hills and sky. Ahhhhhhh........... the calm. The always soothing calm. Just lovin' the change in seasons.

And I'm particularly looking forward to my run in the morning. It will be bone-chilling cold. They're predicting a low in the single digits overnight. Hopefully the clouds will lift tonight pulling the warm cover off the landscape and a nice north wind will kick up to boot as sunrise approaches.

And I'll be wearing shorts. Excellent. See you on the trails.

No comments: